As adults, it's important that we find an approach to birth control that is a right fit for our own unique lifestyles. After all, factors such as convenience, ease-of-use, and effectiveness are often all dependent on each user's life situation and preferences. Fortunately, the doctors here at Premiere OBGYN in Pembroke Pines, FL, offer a full range of gynecological and obstetric services to help you find the contraceptive method that is right for you!
Birth control methods
There are many types of birth control to choose from, including:
- Birth control pills, which contain pregnancy-preventing hormones.
- Contraceptive skin patches, which gradually release hormones to prevent pregnancy.
- Vaginal rings, which are inserted into the vagina and release hormones.
- Birth control injections, which are administered every 3 to 6 months.
- Birth control implants, which are small rod-like devices that are placed into your upper arm to prevent pregnancy for up to 3 years.
- Intrauterine devices, commonly known as IUDs, which either contain hormones or copper; the IUD is placed inside your uterus and can be effective for up to 3 to 5 years if it contains hormones, and up to 10 years if it contains copper.
Other common birth control methods include condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps, sponges, and spermicide. Condoms have the additional benefit of protecting against pregnancy and sexually-transmitted diseases.
Want birth control that fits into your lifestyle? Give us a call!
If you’re not quite ready to start a family, you need safe, reliable birth control—you need the expertise of your gynecologist to help select the birth control method that’s best for you.
To find out more about birth control options and other gynecological services, talk with the professionals. Call the doctors at Premiere OBGYN in Pembroke Pines, FL, today at (954) 961-9993.